WHAT'S MY MODEL WORTH??
There are many pricing and identification guides being published. Here is a brief listing, hardly complete but will give you an idea:
- Breyer Molds & Models: Horses, Riders, & Animals, 1950-1995 This beautifully printed, hard-cover, professionally published 315-page book is the most detailed, comprehensive Breyer reference ever written. Alphabetical listings are divided into sections on Traditionals, Classics, Little Bits, Stablemates, Dapples, Riders, Cattle & Hogs, Dogs & Cats, Donkeys & Mules, and Wildlife. Information for individual models includes color, model number, dates, sculptor, mold stamps, mold and color variations, and background points of interest. Nancy Young, 268 Ross Court, Claremont CA 91711-3139, $49.95 + $6.00 s/h.
- The Breyer Animal Collectors Guide, by Felicia Browell, includes 400 photos of all Breyer animals, 8 1/2 X 11 239 pages.
- Breyer Pocket Companion, The essential portable ID/value guide -- all the info of larger guides, but fits in your purse or hip pack! Contact Katherine Marsh for more info. $18 + $2.50 shipping and handling (USPS 1st class).
- Breyer Animal Identification Guide, Other Stuff, 123 Hooks Lane, Canonsburg, PA 15317, 220 pages, color, $39.95 + $2 postage
- Breyer Model Hunter's Price Guide, see above, $9.95 + $1 postage
- Breyer Insurance Value Guide, Paula DeFeyter, 16884 James St., Holland, MI 49424, 79 pages, $24.00 ppd
- Breyer Model Collectors Value Guide, Kimberly Gackowski, Available from Cascade Models, $30 ppd
Another excellent resource is the internet, of course! Model horse values can be "guestimated" from online auctions:
And finally, you can check out the various model horse mailing lists. The Model Exchange is the predominant model sales list, and can be found at Yahoo Groups.